- My name has changed. Can I travel in my previous name? Otherwise, how do I change the name on my passport?
It is very important that you apply for your Passport on the CKGS website ONLY at https://passport.in.ckgs.us/ and follow the process as defined.
Once you have changed your name, it is advisable to have your name changed on your passport as well.
- You must apply for a "Re-issue" of passport
- In circumstances (other than marriage, remarriage or divorce) for change of name, the applicant (both male and female) should furnish the following documents:
- Clippings of two local newspapers (one local US and one local Indian) or the Gazette notification of the concerned State Government, as the case may be
- At least two public/school documents issued in the desired/applied changed name to ascertain that the applicant has actually changed his/her name
A. Selection of Passport Service
On the Passport Application - Get Started Page, under ‘Choose your miscellaneous services’ please select ‘Do you want to change your name?’
Full Passport Application Process
To understand the full process, please follow the below steps in sequential order:
Step 1Passport Application GuideStep 2Passport Application – Get Started