- What is the process to change the date/place of birth in the passport?
It is very important that you apply for your Passport application on the CKGS website ONLY at https://passport.in.ckgs.us/ and follow the process as defined.
To change the date/place of birth in the passport, you have to:
- Apply for a reissue of passport.
- Visit the Embassy / Consulate in person between 10 AM to 12.30 PM and seek approval before submitting the physical application to CKGS.
- Embassy/Consulate will annotate "CKGS to accept the application".
Applicant should carry the following documents at the time of visiting the EOI/Consulate.
- Original Passport
- Entire application form duly filled and signed
- Old/ Cancelled passports ( if any)
- Revised Date of Birth / Place of Birth certificate
- Document submitted to the substantiate applicant’s date of birth / Place of birth on his / her previous application.
Note: The list of documents is not exhaustive and Embassy/Consulate officials may ask for additional documents.
- To know the Contact Information and Address Details of the Indian Embassy / Consulate Locations & Jurisdiction, please visit https://passport.in.ckgs.us/indian-embassy-consulate-locations-jurisdiction
A. Selection of Passport Service
On the Passport Application - Get Started Page, under ‘Choose your miscellaneous services’ please select the option ‘Do you want to change your date and place of birth’:
Full Passport Application Process
To understand the full process, please follow the below steps in sequential order:Step 1Passport Application GuideStep 2Passport Application – Get Started